Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April Fool's Day!

Phew! This last week has been nothing shy of crazy. The last weekend of March began my life guard courses. Friday night was basically, testing your skills in the water to see if you could survive the course. It was extremely difficult! The harder things we had to do were swimming 300 meters (12 lengths of the pool) in combo's of breast stroke and free style. There was no stopping, did I mention that? No time limit but finding your pace was crucial because, if you didn't get that right, there was no way you were going to make it! I was not sure I could do it but I DID! whoo hoo!
Then right after your completion of that little test, you had to swim 25 meters, dive down 12 feet and retrieve a 10 lb brick and bring it back to land, without it submerging again. The time limit on that test was 100 seconds. I did that one pretty well I thought. Of course there is that little bit of added pressure when your boss is there! ahhh! but no worries because I made it. The whole weekend I was in the water 15 hours! wow!
The class is nearly all korean's except for me and another guy, Albert. He and I are partners because of the whole language barrier. But he is like 45 or 50, 6 ft 2, over weight and not so smart. I am not happy about this at all. Not only is he difficult to work with because he slows me down immensely but he also tries to dive way too deep into my personal life when he talks with me. He also tried to convince me and my entire class I was an alcoholic!!! At that point I'd had enough and told him where to go. It takes a lot of badgering to get me upset, but he managed to do it. Oh yeah, and at the end of class he asked if Tyler and I could give him a ride! What a moron!
So after dealing with him all weekend, Tyler got me some beautiful yellow and pink roses! Saturday night we just stayed at home and watched movies. And Monday evening he surprises me with a 10 piece set of Emeril cookware! He honestly knows how to turn a bad weekend around for a girl! I'm a very lucky lady.
As for what is going on around home, Aven and Talen are both home and weight 6 lbs now! Rocky and Marissa are getting things in line for their house. Basically it just needs the aesthetics touched up. Their guest rooms/future kids rooms are yellow and purple :) So you can see what I mean. My Mom got a whole week off work because of scheduling! :) Lucky breaks are always good! My Dad is getting the garden ready so that it's all taken care of before his surgery in April. Mo weather has been amazing for them and I'm very jealous! Here's it's rain and wind constantly. COME ON SUMMER!
So this weekend comes another rigorous round of training. So I had better make sure house work is all caught up. Hopefully the next time we talk I will be an official life guard :) Here are some pics of my weekend gifts :) LOVE LOVE LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. OMG you're such an intense lady! Maybe one of these days you can teach me how to swim :), weather is lovely over here (teeheee) so i hope you get to see plenty of sunshine soon! I miss you tons! And i miss your hubby too. Can't wait to see you guys again

    ReplyDelete