Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 05 - What do you bring with you when you travel?


Kind of an odd question... I don't carry around a rabbit's foot or anything like that. I'd like to think I pack what everyone else in the world packs. I take pride in my appearance, not vanity wise but looking "put together" and not sloven. So being that type of person, I try to put together outfits, coordinate accessories... ect. I make a check list of everything I will need for the trip. I try to travel light, so it's usually just the necessities:


Medicine
Camera 
Makeup
Chapstick (I never leave home without it!)
Toiletries 
Clothes
Shoes (dressy and casual)
Minimal Jewelry
Purse
Passport (if needed)
Missy :P
Phone
Book
Ipod

The one "odd" thing I do take with me is a picture of my family. I have them with me where ever I go actually. Just a small wallet size photo in my purse nothing crazy. I think everyone does that though... Not just me. Other than the above mentioned... I can't think of anything else. As I said, I'm more of a minimalist type of traveler. Those girls that pack 4 bags for 3 days... Not my style. I like to keep the car/hotel room clean while traveling. It annoys me to no end when I get into a car and there is trash under my feet! So I usually "clean out" the car when we stop for fuel. 


I really love to travel. Flying doesn't bother me at all. I don't get car sick unless I am riding with an extra crazy Korean taxi driver... That feeling of impending death has a way of making me feel ill. I think I've done a good deal of travel for only being 23. There is so much more of the world I want to see! Over the weekend my friend Cassandra introduced me to, yet another, new part of Seoul, called MyongDong. It was this huge area of shopping galore! I of course was in love immediately. I will definitely be going back. Seoul is so vast that there is no way that I could see or do everything in my 2 years. 


Next weekend I'm going to try and see a new park. It has fountains and a stream with several bridges. Not really much like Seoul at all. Hopefully that turns out well. Look for another post tomorrow! Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment