Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Carpe Diem

The Army is such a great place for us to be right now. Yet another blessing has been laid at my feet... Money for school! They gave me $4,000 to be exact. I have lots of options to explore! I am pretty sure my choice will be for sonography but I want to make sure I've evaluated all my options. The only problem with medicine is the clinical hours. The hospital on post does not work with students or residents. The school I'm looking into is in Topeka. My sister in law, Candice does this and says she loves her job. It might be a year before I can do it but the money will still be available! I'm pretty much chomping at the bit to go back to school. I will update more as time passes and things are nailed down.

My brother and sister in law Marissa have been hard at work on their house. My mom says they have done a ton of work in the little time they have lived there. I am so excited to see it for the first time in December! I am still day dreaming and looking at homes in the KC area... Not that we are anywhere near ready to buy a house. I just like day dreaming I guess :P

Tyler is putting the finishing touches on his OCS (Officer Candidate School) packet! So by this time next year, hopefully, he will know when his class date is. Pending acception of course. But if you know my husband, you already know his determination level. It's one of the many things I love about him.

Not to get too boring on you but I am reading a new book! "Families of Two." by Laura Carroll. The book is dedicated to people who are, "happily married, with no children, by choice." I wanted to read it because I feel like society makes you feel like you have to have children. When, honestly, nowadays it's a choice. I really like it and have trouble putting it down.

As for our "baby"... I took her to the vet yesterday for her yearly and to get her microchiped. Since we are taking her with us in December, I wanted to make sure their aren't going to be any fowl ups with getting her there and back. I might be starting a little early but better safe than sorry!

My lesson's have pretty steady. I am beginning to think I am going to have to put an age limit on kids to enter the program. I've had so many calls from mom's with children as young as 1 wanting lessons! There is no possible way your child will benefit from swim lessons. I tell them it would be a waste of their time and money. I've had several just drop me. No calls to cancel just leaving me to figure it out... I have 4 people I'm coaching today so I will most definitely be tired tonight.

In other news, Tyler's college friend, Dave Kiger came to stay with us for a few days! He's a great guy and has the best stories. We always enjoy his company!

I'm dieting... Again. It stinks but I am seeing results. On Septemer 1st starts a group work out plan Tyler got us signed up for. I'm excited and I hope I can keep up!

Well that is all for now! I'm off to teach :) Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment