Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 07 - Besides people, what did/do you miss from home?


Living in another country has made me appreciate "the little things". Like being able to ask for directions when your lost in English (my Korean is so broken) reading street signs without my Korean language book, driving myself, my beautiful muscle car, drive-thrus (like Sonic!), church, watching football, ordering food at a restaurant in English, talking/texting on the phone, Wal-Mart, having a job, college, clean air, but most of all I miss beauty salons! I can't wait to get my hair done... sigh.

Seoul is a really wonderful place with lots to offer but 2 years of it wears on person. This city has so much shopping and dining! I love being able to take the subway, pretty much anywhere, get out and find something to do. Kansas City's public transportation is like non-existent. That makes me sad. 


Shopping is so very frustrating here. Korean women are, on average, a size 2-5. They also are very, pardon my bluntness, flat/without curves. Where as us American girls, are NOT! They have some of the most beautiful clothes I have ever seen here but finding your size is nearly impossible. I usually end up window shopping and day dreaming. I have found a few outfits but I got very lucky. I love all the adorable accessories here. Tons of scarves, head bands, earrings, bracelets, watches, purses and shoes. I've got enough accessories for the rest of my life. It's really fun.


Seoul, has a lot of things that America doesn't and vice versa. Tyler and I are definitely trying to soak it up while we are here but "there's no place like home".

No comments:

Post a Comment