Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 08 - A favorite food from another country/culture




Today's topic is honestly too difficult for me to choose just one. So I will have to list by country.


Korea- Kalbe (beef on a leaf) I like this because it's not fried, dipped in butter or anything else to make it horrible for you. It's 90% vegetables and totally delicious! 


Italy- Gnocci and gelato. Need I explain?... I thought not.


Turkey- Kebabs, beef or lamb. The sauce is the key to this dish.


Mexico- Guacamole and queso blanco dip. If you put that on any Mexican dish, it's bound be delicious!


India- My go to dish is usually prawn saag or tandoori chicken with naan. Curry is usually pretty delicious too but you have be able to handle some spice!


Thailand- I love their national dish, Pad Thai, but my favorite would have to be tom yum goong soup. The herbs in the soup are amazing!


Japan- Sushi! Who doesn't love a Cailifornia Roll? I'm also a big fan of miso soup and wasabi.


France- Lots of people would say elcair or crepes... My weakness doesn't lie with bread. I'm more of cheese and butter gal! Hence why I love French food. My picks would be, beef bourguignon or roast chicken. Though their chocolate mousse is pretty tasty.




I have many more world cuisines to try of course, but for now this will have to do. I'd love to stay and chat more but I'm hungry now. Thank for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment