Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 2- Where you'd like to travel next


As we all know, I miss America very much but that's not a very exciting/new post. Besides the land of the free, I think I'd like to go to either London or Paris. Both have amazing architecture and great food. I've been thinking about the places I would like to see and things I'd like to do for both. I mean a girl can dream can't she?

London

I would love to see the National Gallery. It has a collection of Western European paintings by Van Gogh, da Vinci, Botticelli, Constable, Renoir, Titian, Stubbs... You name it!

Go to the London Eye for an amazing photo opp and breathtaking view. And I would have to get a picture of me in one of those awesome red phone booths!

The 900 year old Royal Palace would be a must.


See Big Ben!

The fountains in Trafalgar Square.

Eat lunch at Porters English Restaurant.

Cross the Millennium Bridge and SO much more. 




Paris

First and foremost, see the Eiffel Tower, during the day and night.


I'd love to see the Louvre. It houses the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo and works by Rembrandt. Oh the culture! I love art in all forms!

I'd have to see the Notre Dame Cathedral. AKA- Quasimodo's hang out. I've never seen Gothic architecture but I'm sure it's detailed and very beautiful.


Napoléon's Arc de Triomphe definitely makes the list. Such a small man with a huge monument :P


Eat at Le Grand Colbert for their famous Roast Chicken.


Have a glass of wine at Chez Dumonet and some pan-fried foie gras.

Caveau de la Huchette is a legendary jazz club... Need I say more?


The world is so big and wonderful, I'd love to make to as many places as I can! While I'm so glad I'm an American, I value and appreciate our world and all the people and places in it. 

Tomorrows post is about a struggle/challenge you've had abroad. So stay tuned!









No comments:

Post a Comment