Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 3- A challenge you've had while traveling/living abroad



The simple answer to this is, many. The list is long my friends... But here's the short of it.


Language barrier's
Racism
Currency
Shopping (finding correct sizes)
Not being able to drive
Delaying college because you have no other choice

Menu's not in English
Complete opposite time zones
Absolutely no family structure

Outrageous phone bills (before skype)
Exspensive plane tickets (you can't afford it and neither can they, to visit)
Staying up late or waking up early to talk to family, friends and business'
Whenever your out, hearing little to no English.... Constantly.
Missing your family a little more everyday.
Not being around for milestones, I missed my sisters high school graduation, her and my brother buying their first house, many birthdays, parents surgery's, Nieces and nephew's school events and first steps.... 


As I said, the list is long. I'm sure it has made me a stronger person but I am filled with regret for not being there when I should have been. Don't take Sunday lunches, movies, walks, shopping, hugs and kisses for granted. I'm missing the most important things but I am right where I'm supposed to be. Beside my soldier and giving him support. And I wouldn't trade that for anything.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment