Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Terrible Weather and Neighbors...

Bad weather is not really "new" news here in Korea... But today the Yongsan area was hit pretty hard with flash flooding. I thought I would share a few pictures from their website.





So as you can see, it's pretty bad. I'm just praying that none of these cars get water damaged! It rains every other day here but today was especially bad. I'm hoping my birthday bash down at Jeju Island is rain free!!!!

As for the neighbors part of the title... We got a new family to our building over the weekend. Never good because along with moving comes the noise from moving furniture and things... but this was not the case with this particular family. They have several small children and a dog. I'm sure you can see where I'm heading with this. They live directly above us and they never seem to be quiet. It's better during the day but at night the noise carries on until at least 11:30. The children make all the noise. What good parent lets their child/children run around being that chaotic at 11:30PM? Even now as I type this they are having what seems to be a rock hammering contest... I'm at a loss as to what do. I've tried to give them the weekend to get "settled in" but I'm feeling this is going to be ongoing. I think tomorrow I will have to go talk to the landlord.

This is the main reason why I hate being in an apartment. I do not want to be rude or mean to this new family but I also want my sanity and my sleep. Common sense is a punishment I believe. It's a punishment because, apparently, no one else in the world has it. Tyler, luckily, can sleep through just about anything. I just wish they would realize other people live in the building too. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment